Saturday, December 04, 2010

Saturday Spill

This morning I was relegated to the back seat when Nick took the wheel of my Camry to drive us up to Hillsboro to watch Santiam Christian play for the state championship. (My nephew Duane is on the team.) I hadn't realized how small the cupholders are in the back seat. I thought my full cup of coffee was stabilized as I got myself and my belongings settled in the back seat, but as we went around the first corner, the cup slid sideways and coffee went everywhere, including my lap. Somewhat grudgingly the men in the front seat agreed to turn around and came back home so I could run in and grab some rags to clean it up.

I got the spill mopped up as best I could (while holding the coffee cup between my knees). I was determined to have my coffee and finally reached the point where I could take a nice big sip. Just then Nick said something that cracked me up.  I momentarily lost control of my face, and coffee spewed out of my mouth everywhere! Nick's right shoulder and Will's left shoulder were generously splattered. The stereo on the dashboard and the mirror even got hit! And of course, my own clothing received some as well. Another mess to clean up! Good thing I had plenty of rags to clean up with!

I think I heard Nick say something about never going anywhere with me again. After we got done laughing, he refused to speak again until making sure my coffee cup was empty so I couldn't repeat the performance. I get no respect.

Later I asked Nick if he had ever done an inadvertent liquid laugh spew. He said no, but he has caused other people to do it numerous times! So see, it really wasn't my fault!!

We were very sad that SC lost, but it is always exciting to hear the announcer say that Duane Troyer made a tackle! Duane and his teammates worked very hard and had a fantastic season. And even better, Duane has grown up to be an all around wonderful person and role model who we all love and are very proud of!
Way to go, Duane! Looking forward to watching him perform in SC's play in March! This boy is talented in so many ways!

No comments: