Sunday, July 24, 2011

Back Home

We are home, after a trip that took us 24 days and more than 3000 miles. We saw rain fall on the majority of days, but many of those also included sunshine. When I perhaps had a hint of whine in my voice about the weather, Will pointed out that the rain tended to stop when we needed to get out, set up or take down. We were able to get in a few hikes and didn't get rained on. All those cloudy skies didn't make for great pictures of all the beautiful country we saw, but it didn't affect the millions of pictures (ok, thousands, well hundreds for sure) I took of my dear relatives at the reunion! Will and I enjoyed each others company 99% of the time and that ain't bad!

Here are a few of my favorites on the trip home. We stopped by the Athabaska River for a stroll on our way home after our one (very bad) meal at McDonalds and got to see a fantastic sunset
I was very unhappy about the view at Lake Louise. Those low clouds didn't make for a great view of the glacier.
But as we left, a unique rainbow lay across the mountain. Will obligingly pulled over so I could get a photo.
And a sweet shot of Will and Zeek sitting around camp a few evenings ago. Zeek was the perfect sleeping travelling dog as always. One night I got quietly out of bed to take something for a headache. I courteously did not turn on a light because I didn't want to wake Will. I was down in the kitchen when Will turned on the bedroom light. I thought it was so kind of him until he leaned out and barked sternly, "NO!" Shocked, I said I was just taking some pain reliever. He said, "Oh, I heard noise and thought Zeek was up!" Wow! He seemed slightly psycho for just a moment there!
I think we got home just in time. Will recently made a comment about rating me on stubbornness and I had to cut him off to inform him he was getting close to a 10 on annoyingness. So I shall stubbornly go off to work tomorrow and he can stay home and be as annoying as he wants!

No comments: