Friday, July 15, 2011

Troyer Reunion

My niece Jewel and I sat down yesterday and figured out some stats on the first ever Troyer Reunion happening now at my nephew Steven's place near Fort St. John, BC. We have 23 children here, age 2 months to 17. We are only missing age 2, 13, and 16! There are 22 adults. They keep busy swimming/hot tubbing, jumping on the trampoline, playing air hockey, basketball, Dutch Blitz, Spoons, and other toys. I have not heard one child whine and the only crying has been for minor injuries. I have not heard any fights and only observed one dispute that was brought to a parent for help resolving. What an amazing bunch of kids.

I have awakened the last two mornings to hear my husband and brothers laughing outside our RV. The days continue with lots of laughing and good food. I am feeling so loved and respected...shortly after we got here Steve told his children I used to be his favorite aunt when I was younger. Later conversation revealed that it perhaps had something to do with the birthday cards I used to send containing a dollar! I told him I had a new tactic to become the favorite aunt now and offered gum to his 14 year old son Stanley, who declined, saying he’d rather have a dollar! I love this family!

We really are missing our missing families - Dave, Doug, Tom, Hope and Linda! It would be even more fun with all of you! I'll post some pictures here later!

No comments: