Saturday, September 10, 2011

Weekend Whimsy

Today the forecast called for temperatures in the mid 90s, but we beat the heat by driving out to Newport. It was a little breezy on the beach - ok, it was actually downright windy. So we found a sheltered spot up on the dunes where we could put our chairs and see the ocean as well as watch all the kites flying. When Will decided it was time to fly his kite, I once again witnessed his curious magnetic effect on little girls! There he is, just minding his own busines, trying to get his kite to take off...
...when two little girls showed up offering to help. One of them ran off with her own kite, but her sister stayed to assist. I heard her tell Will, "I might know more about kites than you do!"
Sad to say, by the time she got done "helping" Will, his line was hopelessly tangled, and we won't mention how long it took him to get it straightened out!
Yes, flying a kite is a blast.

You just never know what might happen when you go somewhere with Will. Last night we went to watch my nephew Duane play football at Santiam Christian. (Great job, Duane, but ahead 65-0 at half time?! Really!!!) At the admission table, Will was in front of me and the gal there motioned him forward and stamped his hand. I thought it was a little odd to do that before we paid, and I had the money. Will stepped back behind me, I paid and stuck out my hand to receive the stamp. The woman saw Will behind me and gasped. "Did your twin brother just go through? I just stamped the hand of someone who looks exactly like you! He's even dressed like you!" I said, "Yes, it's really embarrassing at their age, they still insist on matching their clothes whenever they go out. I'm trying to break them of it!" Oh my goodness!

Tomorrow it's only supposed to get up to 92. I think I will soak up and enjoy every morsel of warmth while sipping iced drinks in the shade of my back yard.

No comments: