Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

Some of the highlights of this wonderful Thanksgiving weekend....

Thanksgiving day was spent at our house with my brother Doug and his family joining ours. Will was able to impart some of his vast knot tying abilities to a willing member of the next generation. Way to go Duane!

Saturday I enjoyed hosting a family bridal shower luncheon for my niece Venisa. (Thank you to my good friend Candace Trower for loaning her beautiful Christmas dishes!)

Baby Jamison went for Lucy's shiny boots...
I had to have a picture of Aunt LeAnn with a few of her nieces and great-nieces.
Last night we went to the Duane's football playoff game and cheered as Santiam Christian won. Next weekend they play for the state championship!

Today my boys were all back for my turkey noodle soup and leftover shower goodies. We were also blessed with a visit from my great-niece and nephew, Brenden and Jenna. They helped me by decorating some of the extra cookies I had made for the shower. Brenden had to keep telling Jenna to go wash her hands every time she licked her fingers!
I spent a good part of the long weekend preparing for guests, having guests, and cleaning up after guests...our dishwasher stopped working so I washed a LOT of dishes! I am very thankful for the friends and family who I enjoy so very much and for great health and energy to go and do and keep busy. Now I look forward to going back to work so my dishwasher hands can heal up!

No comments: