Monday, February 18, 2013

Hope: at Basketball Game

It was great to walk into the gym at the Boys & Girls Club tonight and see Hope there, ready and waiting to watch her youngest two boys play basketball. They play on the same fourth-grade team. (Though Brandon is only in second grade, he holds his own quite well!) I was happy to finally get to see a game played in Albany, as were their Uncle Doug and Aunt Anisa. Hope has missed all of their games for the past 5 weeks, so it was pretty special for her to attend. It was nice to see so many team parents and friends glad to see her there also.

After I took the photo at halftime, I politely requested Janelle to move aside so I could sit by Hope, and she kindly obliged! Such good girls!

This team is undefeated, but they provided some suspense tonight. Apparently it was the closest game they've had, and after trailing during the third quarter, they managed to come back and win it by 2 points. It's always fun to watch family play, but when they are talented and aggressive athletes, it's even better!

Hope came home on Friday, to the great joy of her family. She is enjoying a comfy recliner and having her family around her. She went in today for her first out-patient therapy session and got assessed by her new therapists. She was feeling the tension during this exciting game, so I gave her a little back massage during half time.
I got word from Trudy Gregory yesterday that they are no longer accepting items for the auction because they are out of room. I stopped by last Thursday and Trudy said she'd had nonstop phone calls and people dropping things off all day. A lady was leaving as I arrived, and when I went out the door a man was coming up the walk with a beautiful painting by a local artist.  This auction is going to be amazing! Be there on March 2, 1-5 p.m. at the Halsey Mennonite Church. Concessions will be provided by Viriginia of the Shedd Cafe, and lots of baked goods will also be available.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine." (Proverbs 17:22a)

(I like the Reader's Digest translation: "Laughter doeth good like medicine." But I don't know what version they got that from!)

No comments: