Thursday, December 29, 2005

Tom and Jewel's Reception


Monday night was the long-awaited wedding reception for my brother Tom and Jewel, his bride of six months, in Brownsville. They got married in Indiana (where they live) in June. Jewel's family all came to share this momentous occasion. It's not every day that a confirmed old bachelor like Tom finds a wife, so a lot of celebration is in order! Tom and Jewel are both very cute, but none of the pictures I took of them can compare to the cuteness of the children in attendance that evening. Like my nieces in new dresses made by their mother that are almost as beautiful as they are. Ladies, do you remember the excitement of a beautiful new dress when you were a little girl?

And what is more wonderful than a little boy who loves to help? My nephew Cody was having a great time putting away chairs.


And then of course, there are always a few goof-offs in every crowd!

1 comment:

SAHM said...

Those are some very good pictures! Of course I remember the "new dress" feeling. It was even better than buying a new dress because I watched mom make it (and usually ones for at least 1 sister)from the beginning. The fittings, the anticipation....the pin pokes. :) There weren't many of those, really. We had a great time seeing everyone. I will post Tyler's letter that I got yesterday on my blog later today.