Sunday, December 11, 2005

Christmas Lights



Yesterday we got our Christmas lights up. I was too scared to stay out there and watch. I would just dart out occasionally to take a picture because if I would stand around and observe I would soon be screaming at Nick to come down right this instant! Nick claims to be afraid of heights but he seems to get a bit of a thrill from being up there. Will does a good job of standing in just the right spot and supervising. He was a bit envious of the way Michael and Terri’s lights look next door. I think we’ll be buying some of the bigger lights for next year.

While Nick was on the roof, it seemed only wise to go ahead and pound down some loose shingles.

Eric helped out (with his feet firmly on the ground) once he was done with his mocha. We got out our espresso maker after Galen made us lattes at his house last week.

Now if only my Christmas tree was up and decorated! I was too busy going out to lunch with my December birthday girlfriends today to take care of that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, was good to see you "across the way" today with your December birthday girlfriends at Applebee's! I should have joined you; I have a December birthday also. The Christmas tree can wait a couple more days; you need time out with the girlfriends!

And I see you allow anonymous comments; however, I will sign my initials to be polite.

If you want, you can send me an email, then I will have your email address. My email address is myfirstnamemylastname@thesamedomainthatITFuses.com. :-)

EG

SAHM said...

Yikes! You have come a long way from when Craig was a baby, LeAnn. We skipped the Christmas lights this year, but it is the first year I "made" a swag for my porch and wired REAL greenery to my porch rail. It's a balmy 24 degrees now, and yesterday as well as I toiled outside with numb extremities! I hope you and W. have a good home owners policy! (And medical coverage.)