Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful mother's day. Picnics are one of my favorite things. Someone had recently mentioned how nice the Roaring River park was, so I chose that location. I gave Will a list of things to buy at Fred Meyer and requested a cheesecake from Costco and subs from Subway. I made a list of things we needed for the picnic, and it was all packed and ready to go when I got home from church, later than Will because I was on worship team both services.

My parents and Linda met us at our house and they followed us as we drove about 25 minutes. I think it will be the last time we cram our three boys into the back seat of the Durango. There is not much leg room or much width and they just don't fit anymore! But fortunately we made it there and back with no major bodily injuries or permanent paralysis and almost no fighting.

It was a beautiful day, and the food was delicious. I was so looking forward to my favorite dessert in the world. The cheesecake finally came out....what a bitter disappointment. "That cheesecake came from Costco?" "No, I was already at Fred Meyer, so I picked one up there." I tried not to appear too ungrateful, but I'm pretty sure that if I should ever ask for a Costco cheesecake again, that's exactly what I'll get. I really couldn't complain too much when I had that great patio furniture in my back yard.

We took a little walk along the river, and we females took a few years off our life when I nearly stepped on a huge snake (at least two feet long!) as it slithered in front of me. Nick tried to catch it, and Craig of course protested for him to leave it alone in its natural state. It was faster than Nick so it was quite safe.

Thank you Will for providing the picnic and for taking the picture.

Motherhood is more challenging right now than it has ever been. I love my boys so much but often feel so inadequate for this most important role. I am so thankful that I can trust God for guidance and for the knowledge that He loves them even more than I do. He is in control, not me!

No comments: