Thursday, May 25, 2006

What's new?

Not much going on around here that's of interest to the rest of the world. I am totally consumed with getting my yard and flowerbeds in shape and working on my scrapbook of Oswald family history for the reunion auction. My aunts and uncles have sent me old pictures and old stories. I'm having a great time. If only the rest of the responsibilities would go away so I could just do what I want!

I had to go to the West Albany band concert tonight. Once again, I felt pangs of guilt for my parenting failures. Eric asked why I was making dinner because there's a potluck before the concert. It was the first I'd heard about it. He didn't understand that a potluck means you TAKE food as well as EAT food. Other people signed up to bring food, he said. I got there a bit late - after seven years of two hour plus concerts, tonight I just didn't feel like sitting through the beginning bands, so I came a half hour late. Poor Will had to be in a meeting elsewhere. I had failed to inspect Eric before he left. He wasn't wearing his required bow tie and was wearing brown shoes instead of the required black. Why oh why can't he just conform to the expected standards? Has he lost his black shoes as well as his black tie? But on the positive side, a parent came and sat by me to let me know that her son is always talking about Eric and how cool and funny he is.

Things have gotten exciting around here a few times but I can't write about them because I must protect my family's privacy. Things like the hole in the door of the shed because someone forgot to put the vehicle in park while parking the trailer, the cut on someone's lip caused by the immediate need to shave when he discovered the first lone "mustache" hair.....but I must not talk of these things....

1 comment:

SAHM said...

"Oh contraire"..but you MUST talk about those things! How else will I have any standard to measure my boy by? :) As for holes in structures...."someone" at my house once backed a car out of the garage with the passenger door OPEN, pausing when they heard a weird noise (which is what metal makes when it is bent), but ultimately continuing to park the car to sell it at it's now much lower price....