Sunday, October 29, 2006

A Chilly Sunday Afternoon

My delicious Sunday dinner was ready; I prepared to cut the beautiful golden roasted "Israeli Chicken" and was so sad to see pink juices flowing when I moved the chicken leg. So back in the oven it went. So often my best laid plans fail me.

Then again, sometimes things work out for the best. Will's sister just called him from Idaho, so he is free to have a leisurely chat. So the pressure is off to hurry up and get lunch on the table. (Not that a napping man actually pressures anyone.)


Eric discovered yesterday that his coat of many colors is not only beautiful, it's useful. The front pocket is just the right size for his kitten. They were heading out to visit Molly and her kitty, Oden. Eric brought home a three-story kitty palace/scratching post from her place earlier this week. It lasted a couple of days in my living room before I ordered it out. Now it's in his room. Lucky kitty.

Will and Nick went up to the posse camp yesterday and helped work on a roof. Upon their return, Nick was eager to show me the scrape marks on his stomach and legs from a fall on the roof. Fortunately he caught himself as he slid off the edge and didn't suffer a full-fledged fall. I think my sympathy and dinner at Denny's made him feel much better.

Ok, it's time to try for lunch again.

No comments: