Sunday, October 22, 2006

Weekend Walk

Another gorgeous sunny weekend, although a bit cooler now. The sunshine made our two-hour walk around Tangent yesterday morning much more enjoyable. Will and I went around Tangent putting out Linn County Law Enforcement Levy doorhangers. I found it quite interesting to observe the entrances to people's homes. A few have beautiful fall decorations, a few have spooky Halloween decorations, others are full of cobwebs and dirt. I appreciated the ones with "Welcome" signs and decor, especially after noticing a sign that said "Get the freaking out of here" as I was hanging my flyer on the door. Yikes. I turned and ran off that porch as fast as I could! Some screen door handles were difficult to hang our paper on, and one of us found some creative places to put them, such as in jack-o-lanterns and on porch decor. I won't say who did this, but I myself am a very traditional person. We were relieved to complete our rounds without any confrontations with disgruntled citizens.

Now it's time to go take a non-political Sunday walk.

No comments: