Sunday, August 17, 2008

Eric's Haircut

On the way to church this morning I sat in the back seat (so that Eric could have the leg room in the front), looking at Eric's long disheveled hair and trying not to make another negative comment about it. As I silently bit my tongue and resisted the temptation to finger comb it, Eric announced that he would like a haircut today. I made plans to do it immediately after church. He informed me that he and Nick were going out to a field to take some "rock star" photos first.

That might make a nice album cover.
But I like this one better. Nick did an excellent job on photography.
Eric told me he wanted it short in back and just long enough to be messy on top. I was startled to see it spiked when he came down from the shower. He assured me it wouldn't be a daily 'do. I would have cut it shorter if I would have known that was on the agenda! He even went and shaved the area between the goatee and sideburns so that he could spend one day being clean cut. Should have got a picture of that to treasure in case it never happens again.
What a funny kid!

No comments: