Sunday, March 22, 2009

Camping at Cape Kiwanda

I love the smell of bacon in the morning. Especially when I am sitting in my RV at the Oregon Coast and Will is cooking breakfast. Oh poor Nick just hit his head on the doorway to the bedroom. He claims it is a short doorway, but I don't have any problem with it.

We had a very peaceful quiet day here yesterday until Nick and his friend arrived in the afternoon. The sun was shining most of the day,and I didn't need my heavy coat on the beach. The morning walk on the beach was wind-free, but the afternoon walk was not quite as warm. We are near the park entrance so we also see everyone coming and going, but we can see Haystack Rock across the road as well. Not the most scenic RV park but I love having the beach just across the road.


We enjoyed walking up the hill and Will's good judgment kept him on the correct side of the sign.

This is the view just beyond the sign.

Yesterday morning brother Doug came to visit to see if we had any salt he could borrow. His family is in a house enjoying "March Madness" with several families down the road. Sounds like madness all right, apparently there are about three times as many kids as adults! We might go visit them today.

The weather is not quite as good today. But that's ok, I brought enough books that even a fast reader such as myself will not run out! It's very cozy to sit in here and listen to the rain and wind.

No comments: