Friday, March 04, 2011

Ten Things I Loved about this Friday!

1. Payroll paperwork was due in the courier at 8:00 am and there was not one sub in the building today, therefore no last minute rushing around updating/changing paperwork in the midst of all the morning hubub! Unheard of - perfect attendance on such a day! Our staff obviously really loves me!

2.  An appreciative parent brought donuts to the office.  What was nicer, her kind words or the box of donuts?   I got to share the donuts with people all day. Our parents must really love us!

3. A lively gang of teachers around my work station first thing to read a great Dr. Seuss story over the announcements. What a great group of people! (And funny too!) We all love each other!

4. The sugar free, skinny Snickers mocha delivered from the high school next door - YUM! (Love my coffee!)

5. Even better, the warmed half of an apple fritter to go along with it! (Definitely NOT sugar-free or fat free but mm-mm good!)

6. I text my husband to see how he feels about me inviting two brothers and their wives over for taco soup tonight and he texts back, "You are the princess." That's the story of my life with Will! (He definitely loves me!)

7. Both sister-in-laws text back that they will come! (and so will their husbands of course!) (They all love me too!)

8. After lunch, I can't believe my eyes when I see my friends Sara and Emily (sisters) come in the door with Sara's nearly one-year-old twins in a double stroller! How exciting to see all those girls! Adorable babies! And Sara even referred to me as "Aunt LeAnn"! (Which reminds me, I promised Sara monster cookies after those babies were born. Oops!) But she loves me anyway!

9. The chicken taco soup experiment turns out great! We all love it and have a great time around the dinner table.

10. Bonus - nephew Duane eventually stops by for some dinner too, and it is great to have a teenage boy in this empty nest house! Love that boy! (Missed Venisa though!)

Such a great Friday - love, laughs, food and surprises!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Truly a great evening, dinner and company. Thanks. galen