Thursday, March 31, 2011

Could it be Spring?!

What a heavenly day! I strolled through Garland Nursery, surrounded by the sights and smells of spring flowers, accompanied by the friendly warm sun and blue skies! When I got home, I was greeted by the sight and fragrance of two hyacinths and a tulip that had finally opened up by my front door! My kitchen was filled with beautiful fresh fruits and vegetables from the day’s shopping. I had to put my sunglasses on before going out for an evening walk. I got to chat with a neighbor who was also out enjoying the evening. I walked by the park, full of kids (in shorts and tshirts) and parents, playing catch, shooting hoops, enjoying the playground. There was even an old guy jumping rope!

The sight of these brings me joy! And the fragrance! What an awesome Creator!
A beautiful magnolia and forsythia combination.

As I walked away from this place, I said hello to a gentleman taking his evening walk. He asked if the old gal there had offered me a bouquet. She gave him a big bouquet this morning when he walked by!
A gorgeous star magnolia in the neighborhood.
My first tulip!
I kept looking up at the gorgeous blue dome above me. I haven’t seen so much blue sky in a long time! There were many dark clouds along the horizon, but it is quite easy to ignore dark clouds on the horizon when the sun is shining!

Blue skies, warm sunshine, flowers, kids playing,….could it be Spring!? Thank you God, for every time you push the clouds away to let us enjoy the sun in your blue sky!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Thanks LeAnn for reminding us what a wonderful God we have and there is sunshine and blue sky and kids outside playing and laughter just waiting for us to join in and not just rain and clouds