Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Traditions

Over 20 years ago as Easter approached, we were talking with some friends and realized none of us had any plans for Easter dinner, so we got together at our house out on Tennessee Road. I have a picture of three-year-old Craig in his little blue shorts, matching bow tie and white shirt next to our friends' son Chad, also dressed in Easter finery. Every year since then, we have alternated getting together at each others homes for Easter dinner. Sometime we didn't all make it, and often we added other friends to the mix. I have pictures of the kids lined up with baskets getting ready for their Easter egg hunt in the various back yards over many years. Easter egg hunts have been history for awhile, and it's been even longer since I got a picture of any of my boys sporting any Easter finery!

This year was my turn to host and I regretfully let the others know that it will be my last time. We spent Easter with family last year, and I would like to be free to do that. So we greatly enjoyed the last of the traditional Easter dinners with our friends the Davies and Yates today. They brought great food and some of their family, and the door will never be closed to any of them if they need a place to go at Easter!

I thought I had a page with Easter pictures through the years in one of the boys scrapbooks, so I got them out and they looked for them. Didn't find any - I must not have got there yet. I know I have a file folder full of them just waiting to be scrapbooked! In the meantime, it was fun to look at the scrapbooks.
So did you notice Eric's new hairstyle? We were a little surprised when he walked through the door. It was getting pretty long and shaggy, so he decided to give himself a mullet for a few days as he transitioned to a shorter haircut.
Unfortunately, he says he has received so much positive feedback that he might keep it a little longer.
Nick's hair sure looks good though, doesn't it?

Hmmm, I suppose with a haircut like that Eric is sure to be greeted with laughter or envious glances wherever he goes. Too bad I gave away my fur vest, he might really like it!

No comments: