Sunday, April 29, 2012

Another Niece Gets Married

Yesterday I was privileged to attend the wedding of yet another beautiful niece. My sister Hope's third daughter, Adrienne, married a young man from the far northern land of Ontario, Canada. I fear this is the best picture I have of the happy couple. They looked very happy indeed. Ah, young love.
(I am really annoyed because the room was kind of dim so the pictures are dark. I lightened and cropped some of them, but none of my editing carried over when I imported to the blog. Grrr.)

I made sure to get a picture of myself with the bride, because I have failed to do so at the other weddings of my nieces and wish I would have done so for posterity. Her dress was gorgeous, sewed by her grandma, Barbara Troyer.
Her beautiful younger sisters Janelle and Camille, are far too young to walk down the aisle for a few years yet! This day was especially bittersweet for them as they face the reality of losing their beloved older sister's daily presence in their lives. I feel their pain, but least they have each other!
My adorable niece Serena's purple polka dot outfit with matching polka dot tights and purple sandals was so cute. She was not inclined to stand still and pose! The photo that I cropped and edited looks really great.  Grrr.
Adrienne's older sisters Brianna and Jenna came from the east with their husbands and babies. Brianna's miracle baby, Janae Hope, was being held by a nice little old lady so I just put her picture in the picture! Jenna's two little girls are absolutely adorable, and she is expecting a boy in August!
I was so delighted to hold sweet baby Janae!
More sisters - Jenna's little girls Hannah and Phebe are cute as can be.
And here are two of my own precious sisters. I wouldn't let my baby sister Jean be photographed with us because she is too young and pretty. (I was 17 when she was born!) No, I'm not really that vain, she just wasn't in the area when we took this spur of the moment picture.
I am so thankful for all my wonderful sisters, nieces, and great-nieces! I pray Adrienne and Graham will have a long and joyous marriage in their igloo in the far North. Oh, wait, I heard they were going to get to live in a house after all. And the story continues.....

No comments: