Sunday, March 04, 2007

Happy 21st Birthday, Craig!

I just looked at my blog post from Craig's 20th birthday and was thankfully amazed again at how God answers prayer far beyond my wildest imagination. Here's a quote from one year ago:

"I pray that as a 20 year old young man, the coming year will be one of maturing, experiencing the love of God in his life, and seeking after Him."

Now here are some quotes from some emails we received from him this week:

"Our God's love and faithfulness stretches so far past our feeble perception of such that it is impossible for me alone to find the words to describe it."

"I have traded a life of rebellion against myself and our God, for a life of service and love through our mighty and able God which is and always will be true joy. I tell you now that it is a miracle that I am still sane, not to mention alive. Our God saved my life and mind for a reason… He wasn’t done with me. I now owe him my entire being and know that my calling is to share this joy with nations. I’ve known for many years that this was my calling and I hid. I ran away in selfish fear. I rejoice in the continual renewing of my mind as I submit my will, body and mind to the work God has called me to do for so long. As publicly as I can announce this from halfway across the world, I hereby dedicate myself, to preach the gospel, working in love and following in that wisdom and love, the leading of our awesome Holy Spirit. "

"I love you guys so much and thank God quite often for you. I pray that God's earthly blessing is poured out on you guys abundantly. Anyways just a general update, I am currently taking on a Spanish fluency (with a chance of working in South America full time on the distant horizon), as well as continuing my studies of the fatherland’s mother tongue(That’s deutsche as well as the ancient language of the angels)."

We all got to talk to him on the phone today. He had two birthday cakes today and will have another one tomorrow, so I guess somebody must care about him. His DTS group is going to Switzerland for a week-long outreach with a church there next week.

He continues to desire our prayers and also asked us to pray for two friends of his here who have contacted him on My Space, wanting to change their bad lifestyle and expressing interest in Jesus.

Words cannot express my gratitude to God for his compassion, mercy and saving grace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember your letter from a year ago. Just a simple touch from the Lord sure makes a difference. A touch from the Master is all it takes to turn some one from being a selfish, egocentric, God Hater to one who joyfully surrenders all out of sheer joy and love for the One who loved us and died for us. I'm always amazed that the love of God is still so strong today that people still take the path that Paul took when he was willing to suffer the lose of all things that had value and count them as dung that he might win Christ. What a prize!! GO FOR IT CRAIG!!!

Anonymous said...

I am reduced to tears when I read the change that God has done and is doing in Craigs life! God is so amazing and his mercy and grace never cease.