Tuesday, March 13, 2007

First Bulldog Baseball Game

In spite of bringing my blanket, heavy coat and gloves, I was chilled to the bone before it was over, but at least it was dry! Every baseball game that doesn't include raindrops is a blessing.
As the catcher, it's pretty hard to get any pictures of Nick that don't show his backside, but I managed to get a few. The little guy getting ready to bat was the other team's catcher!
The plate umpire was a short female, and she talked to Nick a lot. I was so curious what she could possibly have to say. Nick said she talked a lot about her kids, how her back was so sore she was barely able to get out of bed that day, and confessed every time she realized she called something wrong. "My bad, that should have been a strike." He was looking at her when I took this picture - it would have been a great picture if I would have got her on it. I don't know what she had just called, but apparently Nick found it somewhat incredible!

One long-time fellow baseball parent was also heard to say it was as much fun to sit near Will and ask him questions when he's keeping score as it is to watch the game.
Yep, we love baseball!

No comments: