Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Spring Break at Mt. Hood Village

The new pickup not only met but exceeded Will's expectations on its maiden voyage pulling our trailer. The gas mileage was good enough to make his co-worker green with envy, so all is well. We got off to a shaky start when I broke the handle on the refrigerator door as I was loading groceries the night before we left. After a couple of cross words, a trip to town for Super Glue, and an apology, Will called Nick and I out to the trailer to train us in the new method of opening the fridge door, which involved using a rubber strap and a kitchen knife. Nick and I tried to restrain our giggles and the words "trailer trash", but they both escaped us. The Super Glue held for two days, until Nick told an untrained guest to go ahead and get some milk out of the fridge. So the handle is loose but the knife still works.

The guys had to watch some important basketball game and found a way to do it outdoors.
We had a lot of rain and a little sunshine. We enjoyed some good walks when it was dry. We camped with three other families, including my brother Doug. I wanted to get a picture of Nick and Logan together wearing their "I love you" sweatshirts but never managed it. Doesn't this boy look sweet and loving?


No comments: