Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Close Call

Nicholas borrowed my cell phone Monday morning (we won't mention why his was unavailable at that moment). There was no school even for me that day, but Nick went in for an FBLA test.

Late that afternoon I looked for my phone and couldn't find it. Nick thought he had given it to me. We did the usual trick of calling it and walking all over the house listening for its musical tones. Not a sound was heard, even when we roamed through the garage and I opened the coat closet. I sent Nick to search his car, even though he vowed he had not taken it there. When he re-entered the garage he stopped and said, "I heard it!" He went back outside, I called it again and followed him. The musical tones led us to the recycling cart, where my phone nestled between sections of the Sunday paper that I had taken out that morning after I read it! It was about to be wheeled out to the curb for pickup the next day. Talk about a close call!

No comments: