Sunday, January 11, 2009

Last Week's Coast Trip

If you read Will's blog, you already heard a little about our coast trip last week. Here are some pictures showing how comfortably we enjoyed a cozy potluck ham dinner Saturday evening. (We will get teenage boys who don't have broken legs trained to make sure that all the aunts are seated before they take a chair.)




















We were able to seat nine people for this lovely dinner.

















Will and Nick have become quite close. Can't you just feel the love?

















Galen, Anisa and I took a walk across the Yaquina Bridge. Galen counted the number of steps taken (not counting the stairs) on the way back, I believe he ended up with 2250 steps. He also did some experiments and learned that when he spit from this particular location, it took 6 or 7 seconds for it to reach the water below.

















There was a lovely sunset Friday evening. We took a walk along the fishing pier and enjoyed watching the colors of the sky as it darkened after the sunset.
















It was a wonderful, relaxing trip. In addition to visiting with the family, shopping at the outlet mall, taking walks, and playing a modified version of Scrabble, I read three books. Well, one of them was nearly finished when I got there. I'm a fast reader.

I have to admit I had to eat some words. We had driven through that RV park before and I told Will I would never want to camp there, on asphalt with no picnic tables or anything. However, it is a perfect winter camping place. There is landscaping dividing the campsites, but camping on asphalt means there is no mud to track in. Full hookups including cable tv meant the guys could watch their football games. That's when I snuck in some of my reading. And the view of the bridge was very enjoyable.

It was hard to come back to work - I was a bit envious of my retired husband who got to stay out there a couple days longer!

No comments: