Thursday, October 20, 2005

Next Time I'll Bring my Camera

It was a beautiful evening. Will called and said he was delayed at work soI took a walk at my favorite time just before sunset. As I walked along the road with fields of sheep on both sides, in the west a flurry of clouds radiating golden light and the eastern sky glowing pale pink, I wished for my camera to preserve the sights forever. On my way back, the beauty of nature was rudely interupted by an old car turning the corner and coming my way. Dijon-mustard colored with a splotch of white primer on one door,the ancient tiny Mazda hatchback was crammed with two young men in the front, both well over 6 feet and 200 pounds. Is that my son Eric and his friend Tyler, with poor Molly scrunched in the back with Eric's guitar? Sure enough, they wave and smile as they head for Tyler's house. I looked at the high locked gate at the front entrance to the Lake Creek Estates into which they are heading through the back entrance. I'm not very graceful at climbing and it was very high (and very red as well), but I managed to climb over it without falling and met them at Tyler's house. I learned it's Molly's dad's car. He seems to have a small collection of old relics from the past. I didn't ask why they were driving it, I just assumed because it contained free gas. Once again, I wished for my camera. A picture of the three of them at age 17 smiling happily as they sat packed in that unique little car would have been priceless!

1 comment:

SAHM said...

I do have one question for the young men...why was Molly the one in the back?