Monday, October 31, 2005

W's turn at the Blog

Ok it is time I voiced my concern and opinion. Quick before she comes and won’t let me articulate the fondness I have for all that is WLEN in this humble abode. What does all that mean? It means I got into trouble this evening for not writing in this thing can you imagine?

That seems very much to me like Doctor Frankenstein being chewed out by the monster for not inviting it to the movies. Ok that might not be quite right. But after all why should I be compelled to write in this thing. * Don’t get your shorts all bunched up, I am not trying to say LeAnn is a monster. It is the blog I am talking about.

I feel the best course of action for any husband to take is, be quiet, don’t make any sudden moves, and always answer yes. Yes dear, I would be glad to, yes dear how soon do you want that done?

The other day I didn’t take my own advice and believe me it was a mistake. I was about to go to town, in preparation I went on line to check the bank account. You guessed it, late in the month, there were a few things that needed to be done. Remember, no quick moves, just say yes dear, that sort of thing. Oh no, I’ve got to voice an opinion, and as you might expect she starts to move. She is not moving toward me, she is not really moving away from me she is, oh my, she is going to the front door to greet company. Yes as I was just beginning to hit my stride in, ‘the we should pay more attention with the money’ speech I notice once again I am speaking to an audience.

Would it have been better if at that moment she had 12 Girl Scouts in the living room? I think it might have been better. At least the Girl Scouts would not have known me, and might with a little luck thought I was visiting from some other culture where it is ok to make a loud noise and no sense. Such is my fate.
Why can’t I make a loud noise, and be caught doing something good? Never make a loud noise, that is my policy. I didn’t used to have a policy now I have that one. I hope that when I violate that policy, I am alone.

Speaking about being alone. I love my wife and I love most of my children. Ok, I love all my children but sometimes I don’t appreciate them like I should. I even love that one with the lip ring thing. The one that plays all those instruments and the one that leaves all the computer parts on the floor for me to step on. But we can always tell when it is time for me to go into my hermit phase. I have trouble with my policy, I sometimes, don’t leave people with the impression I like people. Well those that know me understand. Those that don’t cant get far enough away from me fast enough. Yes it is time for me to go off alone.

Last week at work was one of those weeks that drove the point home. Every thing was less than it should have been. I was less able to be right. I was less able to be cheerful. I was less able to be right. I was less able to understand why I wasn’t right. This week has a good start, I am not right any more often, but people aren’t noticing as much. I think the sooner the Sheriff gets back into town the better. I never wanted to be the top guy, and that hasn’t changed. This Undersheriff job is something they dream up to get a guy to think more about retirement. Every time I turn around it is time to go off to another meeting.

Well enough from me, it is time to get another Sudoku puzzle and zone out. Just between you and I, LeAnn is excited by my cognitive prowess. She won’t admit it, but I think she wants to do one of the puzzles with me sometime. If you don’t know what Sudoku is all about, check out this URL. http://www.dailysudoku.co.uk/sudoku/index.shtml remember, if you are married and feel the need to voice an opinion about anything, my policy is ******, well I think it is best you get your own policy.

Next time I sit down to write in this thing I should talk about the night all the boys were gone and we didn’t spend any time talking about the boys. Very nice.

1 comment:

SAHM said...

I will try your puzzles. I like to play the online games we get with AOL, and I've tried a few (didn't like them as much) on MSN. I also search for the good-ole logic puzzle books. They aren't as popular as crosswords or word searches, but rarely Walmart has them, and almost always B&N or Borders does. You might like those too. :) For those of us that are cognitively superior. Ha! Took the kids trick and/or treating last night. This is our first halloween in a neighborhood....stopped counting our guests at 50, ran out of candy before 7:30 and was shocked at how many teen boys (without costumes, mind you) made the rounds as well. Did you have any little ghouls out there this year?