Thursday, October 20, 2005

A Sweet Laptop

Nick talked me into going to Goodwill after school/work today. He hadn't checked out the computers for awhile and was going through withdrawal. As I was browsing through some ugly sweaters, he called my cell phone and said, "Come back here quick!" When I reached computer land in the back of the store, I saw why he couldn't leave. For the first time ever since he's been haunting Goodwill, there was a LAPTOP! An IBM Think Pad. People were hovering everywhere waiting for a chance to snatch it away from him! He was a little short of the funds needed to purchase it. Conscientious parent that I am, I had been pondering how to affirm him for the honor he received this week at school as one of the "Students of the Term". So as a reward for his diligent efforts and good character at school, I agreed to supply the needed funds. As we pulled into our driveway he remarked, "This will be flippin' sweet if it works!" More than three hours later, he is still working on trying to install whatever on it and things are not going well. But his attitude is good; he says you have to have patience with computers. I just asked if he still has hope for it. "Yes, I always have hope." However, he did make sure we put the receipt in a safe place in my purse and left the tags on it so we can return it if he has to admit bitter defeat.

2 comments:

SAHM said...

Nice...congrats to Nick. I just figured out how to use iTunes, thanks to bro-in-law Kevin. :) Glad to hear he's into useful computers....not just the video games. :) :)

MacNana said...

Nick says it's an 850ED. He has it up and running! Windows 98 is the best it will do. But it's a start!