Sunday, February 22, 2009

Concrete Day

Yesterday I got to be the hostess for 10 men who showed up before 8 AM to help with the RV concrete pad project Will and the boys have been working on for the past few weeks. (These 10 men included 4 McAnulty men, three of whom were thrilled to get up early on a Saturday morning!) Will told me since I hadn't done any digging, my job was to make food. I found a table in the garage that has so far escaped Will's junk elimination and set my offerings out.

It was quite an exhibition of teamwork. Our friend Fred was the pro in charge. He is very good at the process and at teaching people how to do what needed to be done.

Of course there was a bit of horseplay that went on while some team members were diligently working. I don't know why some of these guys like to pick on little Nick.

Will asked Nick to pull out a hose and apparently he was so intent on his task that he forgot about the wet concrete behind him. No one yelled at him, it was the kind of crowd that just laughed at him.

Then the cat came by and checked it out. The boys are sure that if someone wouldn't have tried to chase it off it never would have run across the concrete. Another do-over!


Here is the handsome crew, surveying with pride and satisfaction the lovely finished product of their amazing teamwork.


Left to right: Bruce R, Bruce H, Keith, Doug, Eric, Will, Jon, Nick, Fred, Craig

What a great group of guys! They are all part of the Pinochle group we have been playing with once a month for the past 10 years or more. Thank you guys, now I can run out to get something out of the trailer in my bare feet without hurting myself on the rocks that used to line the RV pad! It was worth the hours I spent slaving in the kitchen baking cinnamon rolls and the five pots of coffee I made! And of course, the most important thing is that Will is really happy and thankful!

No comments: