Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The New Patio Furniture gets Utilized

Finally had the opportunity to break in my new patio furniture Sunday. Dear brother Doug invited himself over so I ordered pizza, called Galen & Carol, and spent the evening on the deck. Venisa just got back from a mission trip doing clean up for Katrina victims and had quite the pictures and stories to share. Here you see Galen showing off his latest pictures of Lucy and Jenna to Brittany. I sure wish I could get his girls to give me pictures of their children. But Galen is always more than happy to give me a glimpse of his own personal copies. Yikes, I see the tag on the chair is visible. For some reason I have a hard time removing tags from furniture. I meant to get out a scissors and ceremoniously remove them all at the first gathering but just never got around to it.

A lovely evening. There was no unsightly drift boat trying and failing to hide behind the shed. The patio furniture was very comfortable. However, we may need to build a larger deck because when people sit around, push back from the table, add more chairs, it was a bit difficult to maneuver around the deck. Doug, you are welcome to invite yourself over any time. But don't expect me to surprise you with your favorite rhubarb custard pie every time. I don't want to spoil you.

2 comments:

SAHM said...

Ok, I have photos already packaged to send to Dad to disperse as he sees fit. :) I don't intentionally keep my pictures , but I have a hard enough time getting them to other family on the East Coast. :)

MacNana said...

Thank you! I guess it's true what they say about the squeaky wheel....!