Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day

I appreciate my father and my husband, who are both wonderful fathers. Friday night we went to Jean and Kevin's for dinner with my dad. I drove, and for Will to sit in the passenger seat while I am behind the wheel all the way to their house is a bit of a stretch for him. He graciously offered me several driving tips along the way. I've heard them before and I was as grateful for them as I always am. But when I slowed to turn into their driveway and he braced himself with both hands, I decided not to disappoint him. I took the corner very rapidly, then slammed on my brakes to an abrupt halt. Then I noticed that the family was gathered in front of the house. Someone asked who was driving, and sadly I had to get out from behind the wheel and face them. Oh well. The steaks and everything else were fabulous. The men played horseshoes, and bocci ball (not sure how to spell that) was also happening. Cody was having a great time as usual and I took a few action shots of him. That boy can run like the wind!

I wish I had even half of his energy, athletic ability, and flexibility! He had to show us his "new" chair, and he sat in it for at least 30 seconds!

Today just two of the McAnulty boys were here for lunch with their dad. We had to stop at Fred Meyer for some things to make Will's special lunch, and when I came out, Will and Eric were sitting in front of Starbucks with drinks. Will said, "Look, I'm telling everyone who goes by, my son bought me coffee! He said I could get anything I wanted!" A very proud moment in a father's life when the son becomes the buyer. I'm sure the look on Eric's face below is not because he's recalling that he had to pay for the biggest coffee anyone could ever buy. These guys need to learn how to be quiet and pose for a picture.

1 comment:

SAHM said...

YOu will be pleased to learn there is a Starbucks here in the middle of nowhere as well. Looking forward to lunching with you and your crew tomorrow! I should warn you, Kevin just got his bbq (first one we've ever owned....) and is grilling now.