Thursday, June 08, 2006

Old Pictures

I'm feeling great tonight. I finished a scrapbook! My house is less than clean but my scrapbook is beautiful! I've been working on an Oswald family history scrapbook to sell at the reunion auction in a few weeks. My aunts and uncles responded generously to my request for old pictures and stories. I received some real gems that I had never seen before. Here's one from 1931 of my great-grandma holding my aunt Jeannine with my mom standing next to her.

The one below is of my parents with my two oldest brothers, Galen and John, taken in 1952.

Friday: I stopped by Lazerquick to get a photocopy of this book to keep. The machines were going to be tied up til closing time, so I walked next door to the dollar store to buy graduation cards. The scrapbook was in a box, and I set it down when I paid for my cards. Then I went to the library and was headed home when suddenly it struck me. Where was my scrapbook? I hurried back to the dollar store. Amazingly, no one had recognized what a treasure it was, so it was still there at the cash register stand. My wild imaginations of losing it forever and having nothing to show for the last two months of labor fortunately did not come to pass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are a gem.I worry about you traveling so far from home. please don't go by yourself any where lest you forget where you are. Douglas