Saturday, August 12, 2006

A Camping Widow

Since Will has been gone camping since Wednesday and it's also church high school camp, I have been living quite the wild single life. Wednesday I stayed out past 11 PM after going out to dinner, a movie, then dessert and coffee with three girlfriends. Thursday night was even more outrageous, as I ventured into the long blackberry bush lined driveway at my cousin Gwen and Dale's place with Doug and Anisa. I was the smart one, wearing long pants while Doug and Anisa were scoffed at by Dale for wearing "high pants". We were treated to homemade ice cream with blackberries after our exertions through the thorny vines (and quite a few laughs during our fight through the jungle) before heading back home with our buckets of blackberries. Tonight I went to Galen's after I got off work to see Dawn and Kevin and their lovely children. They soon headed to the Scandinavian Festival so I went out to dinner with Galen and Carol. I got home while it was still daylight and worked in the yard like an ordinary wife and mother for a bit.

When I pulled into my driveway, Michael (Shorty) from next door came running over and my heart stopped for a moment because I actually felt like I was seeing Tyler and for a second it seemed like maybe it had all been a bad dream. Wow. His family hadn't seen my Tyler scrapbook yet so I sent it home with him. Brittany brought it back around 10:00 and we had a nice gabfest. She just left a few minutes ago. I am so fortunate to live next to my brother's daughter and her family. So it chalks up for another late night for this wild temporarily single woman. Tomorrow night I'll be a mother again so I will have to quit having so much fun and return to my sedate matronly life!

No comments: