Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Have you ever seen a pretty sheep?

I was out working in my yard earlier enjoying this lovely evening when I heard someone yelling, "Hello, Mrs. M!" I looked up to see one of my former office aides, now in high school, coming down the street, holding a baby bunny and a leading an elegant looking sheep on a leash. I mistakenly referred to it as a goat and she corrected me, but I can't remember what kind of fancy sheep it is. Brittany, Jeremy and some kids visiting them came outside to check it out and so did Nck.

As most of you know, I have a some sort of genetic problem and am more comfortable with pictures of animals than actual contact with animals. But I actually admired and touched this sheep because it had such a beautiful coat of wool, not like an ordinary sheep at all. I told her it was just fine if her sheep eats my grass. But I was soon rudely reminded of one reason I am repelled by animals when the kids started laughing because the sheep was dropping a pile of little "coffee beans" on my grass. Eeuww.

So I was complaining about it to Will when he came home telling him I was going to let it dry and have Nick pick it up tomorrow. He looked at me incredulously. "Are you from around here?" He had two pieces of advice for me. 1. Don't ever tell anyone you saw a pretty sheep. 2. You are not going to make Nick get down on his hands and knees tomorrow to gather up the sheep's "coffee beans". Water it into the grass and it will disintegrate on it's own. Eeuww.

2 comments:

SAHM said...

Weren't you raised on a farm in Nebraska????:)

MacNana said...

That was a long, long time ago! And we never had sheep!