Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The End of Summer

The teachers came back to school this week. We have 12 new teachers out of a teaching staff of 37. So there is much excitement and a bit of chaos. Tomorrow I will be distributing my literary masterpiece that I improve on each year and share with new teachers, a two page missive entitled, "Attendance for Dummies (an X through Dummies) Teachers". I have already given them my one-page essay called "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Purchasing a School Lunch" (but were afraid to ask). I do my best to train new staff members in the areas where I am highly qualified and extremely knowledgable.

Last weekend was so beautiful. We got to see hot air balloons floating by our house first thing Friday, Saturday and Sunday because of the Art and Air Festival. I took this picture from our deck. Three of them were about to land in a field along the road as I headed to church Sunday morning.

Will decided it would be a good weekend to clean the garage so he could put the Bronco in there, the better to work on it through the coming winter. So I got to help. We didn't have any fights that got loud enough for the neighbors to hear. The loudest shriek was when I opened the garbage lid to toss something in and saw something brown and furry which made an unpleasant noise. Then I realized it was just Mr. Sarcastic Bear. Sometimes Will shows no discretion when it comes to tossing things. I thought it was such a meaningful award, but apparently he doesn't treasure it enough. It's been in the garage since sweet two-year-old Brenden was here and we had to protect his innocent ears. I rescued it and continue to hold it in reserve for just the right re-gifting moment.

No comments: