Sunday, August 20, 2006

Shopping with Nick

Nick and I did a little shopping Friday afternoon. I wanted to bring one of his many female friends to guide him in a positive direction of clothing choices, but he vetoed the idea. The t-shirts today have absolutely no class. The attitudes expressed and the many references to passing gas leave me shaking my head. Nick immediately fell in love with a shirt that had a picture of Homer Simpson wearing nothing but his tidy whities with his big belly showing and the slogan "Ladies Man". It was my turn to veto, in spite of his pleas to loosen up and quit being so uptight. I thought I would enlist some support for my opinion among his peers, so I called a 14 year old friend who has a good sense of style and asked her opinion of this shirt. Perhaps I guided her response a little. "If you saw a boy wearing this shirt, wouldn't you think he was stupid?" She laughed and said, "Well, kind of, but it's also kind of funny. I'll ask my brother what he thinks." I didn't care what her brother thinks, he of course agreed with Nick! So she bitterly disappointed me. But I still didn't buy the shirt.

1 comment:

SAHM said...

I totally avoid those t-shirts with Tavin whenever possible. She really wants a "Bobby Jack" anything, and tonight we saw a hoody at the mall. She thought she had to have it, so I asked her what she thought would be a reasonable price. She thought $10-$15 would be good, and fell silent when I showed her the $34.00 price tag. :) Wait for the BIG sales, or get another monkey, is my motto. :)