Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Another Call from Germany

Craig called today, and when he started talking about how great it is to experience the power of Jesus in his life and how he realizes that I have been right about it all along, I decided to grab a pen and take notes!

It has been a little frustrating not being able to communicate with him. We had been sending messages back and forth on My Space, but he hadn't been on there since January 20, his "new birthday". He said he's been spending his spare time reading the Bible, two to three hours a day, trying to make up for lost time! He has just finished 1 and 2 Samuel. He said they have been studying the father heart of God and he has been thinking about his dad a lot. (He called him today and they had a great conversation also.)

I mentioned that his 21st birthday is coming up (March 4) and asked him to give me some ideas of what to send him for his birthday. He got all excited and said "It would be so great if you would send me some microwave popcorn!" I had to laugh. I might want to send a little more than that for your 21st birthday! He said he really wants a Bible. He didn't even know where his was when he left, and he is using one of Kari's now. He wants an NIV Study Bible, so I shall go buy one tomorrow! I found out tonight that Eric has been using Craig's Bible, which is a New King James, and he wants to keep it!

He asked me if I would contact my brother John (who lives up in the Yukon) and let him know that he loves him and really appreciates the time a year or so ago when John gave him a ride somewhere from our house. John told him that God's hand was on him and prayed for him before he got out of the car. He said he felt the power of that prayer and felt that God protected him because of the prayers of people who love him. Thank you so much to all of you who have prayed for him. He asks for continued prayer as he often feels under attack from the enemy. He has been over a week with no cigarettes, and he says there is no way he could do that without God's help! Dawn, be sure to tell Tavin that God is answering her prayers!

I ran into Nick and Jessie Saemenes at a concert at our church Friday night. Jessie is Nathan's wife Kari's sister, and Nick was in the band Mere Image with Craig and Nathan. They were in Germany for Christmas. Jessie said she loved traveling with Craig, because being seven months pregnant at the time, she needed more bathroom breaks than the others - but Craig always needed them too! He has always been famously annoying to go places with because of his pea-sized bladder! Jessie said Kari had just told her that Craig saved his goatee when he cut it off and she was getting really tired of seeing it in her bathroom! She was about to put her foot down and say it has to go away! They were kind enough to email me some pictures. Here's Craig, Nathan and Kari at Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria.
I am so grateful for God's mercy and grace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LeAnn, thanks for the call tonight, it made my day. Amazingly we pray in faith, believing and are still amazed at the way God does things. I guess that proves once again that He is God, so all of our life should be about Him having His way. So now I pray that we will be an example to Craig to follow on all the way with God. John