Saturday, February 17, 2007

Dreams Coming True!


This morning at last Nicholas got to put on the pack that he's been loading and unloading as he checked and double checked his gear, dreaming all week about going on the Search and Rescue Snow FTX (Field Training Exercise). He gets to put on snowshoes and hike up to 10 miles carrying that little pack! After he gets there, he gets to dig a snow cave and sleep in it tonight! Aren't we all so jealous of him!

Will has been dreaming of a new pickup for over a year. He left early this morning to pick it up in Kellogg, Idaho. One of his many fabulous brothers-in-law, namely Doug, went along and will drive the Durango back. I'm sure you'll hear more on that soon.

As a young girl, I dreamed of being a famous author some day. I went to the Oregon Christian Writer's Conference today, and confirmed within me that while I enjoy writing and blogging, a famous author is not something I aspire to be. I did get to meet and have lunch with Dorcas Smucker and her daughter. I feel like I know Dorcas because I faithfully read and enjoy her blog and column in the Eugene Register-Guard. She spoke on writing essays about life's events, and her session was the best one out of the four that I attended.

At the conference, I spotted a friend across the crowded room who moved out of the area 16 years ago. We had a wonderful visit, but I was saddened to learn that she has a prodigal son who I am adding to my "prodigals and their parents" prayer list.

When I got home, I had a phone message from my cousin Cindi letting me know she's here from Arizona visiting her parents. I called and found out she and her mom were lying in bed eating cheesecake with blueberries, but I accepted her invitation to come visit anyway! So off I go!

No comments: