Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Table Talk 3

Last night at dinner, Eric got to talking about Pope John Paul I, whose 33 day reign in 1978 was the shortest in history due to his unexpected death at age 65. Isn't it interesting that Vatican law prohibits a papal autopsy, so the cause of his death was never certain. Hmmm. After sharing some interesting details with us and discussing this fascinating situation, somehow the conversation degenerated to death investigations in general. I commend Will for his tact and sensitivity. I noticed when I left the table to start clean-up, the boys leaned in closer as he lowered his voice, apparently to share some details too gruesome for my tender ears.

1 comment:

SAHM said...

Sounds like fascinating dinner conversation to me. At least they waited for you to finish eating; I hope. :)