Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Craig is back in Germany - already!

Yesterday we took all the boys out to breakfast at Denny's before Will and I made the trip up to the airport with Craig. I am still amazed at how much food they can put away!

We had a nice family dinner Saturday night and finished it by sharing the chocolate bars that Craig brought me from Germany. He wasn't so sure that I should share them because he brought them for me, but I convinced him I was truly happy to share. The chocolate is wonderful, and I shared a few squares of the milk chocolate with hazelnuts with everybody after dinner again tonight.

It's hard for a mother to see her son go halfway across the world, knowing you won't see each other again for a long time. But it is balanced by the joy of seeing him happy and excited to be where God wants him to be. When he left last November, there was the potential of what could happen. The reality of what God has done is truly above and beyond anything I could have thought or imagined. The light in his eyes and the joy in his face show how God has transformed him from the inside out. As Will said one evening as we were out on the deck chatting, "Craig, what I want to know is how is it possible for you to mature so much in just ten months?" Craig said, "I remember you telling me once during my high school years that in four or five years I might be a very interesting person to talk to - I guess it finally happened!"

It was wonderful to have our little family all together again. Would you believe I had to photoshop (with Nick's help) three spots from Eric's lunch off his shirt!
The time went so fast we didn't get to do everything I wanted to while he was home. We squeezed in some shopping Thursday evening after dinner at Izzys. His main requirement for clothing is still that it must be very comfortable - preferably something that looks and feels like its been through the laundry 20 times already! That's why Goodwill has always been his favorite store! Here he is in a new shirt, posing for a picture to send to his special friend Sarah, who wanted to see how he looked with his new glasses. He feels very awkward about posing but he can be pretty good at it!He sent an email this afternoon letting us know he was safely back at the castle in Germany. The house is quieter now. He and Nick tend to wrestle and rough house much more than Nick and Eric do. We had a nice dinner with Eric, Nick and Molly tonight, but we'll have to get used to not having Craig here again.

We love you, Craig. Our time together was very precious. You are a blessing.

1 comment:

SAHM said...

It was great to see Craig! You must miss him already. So, when's he coming back? :)