Thursday, October 25, 2007

Old Pictures

I love pictures. I love new pictures but I love old pictures even more. We are in the process of organizing some old photos my parents have collected over the years, and I brought some home to scan.Sadly, some of them are in bad shape, but it's fascinating how they show such a different world. Back in Nebraska in March 1961, here are Galen, John, Mark, and Linda, with my dad holding me in front of a snow-covered tractor. Look at the jeans hanging on the clothesline! Makes my Saturday laundry day seem pretty easy!

Pictures of children are some of my favorites, so it has been fun to discover some photos of myself and siblings. Here are some of us, all dressed up for church. Mark holding the big Bible, Linda, little David, Hope, and myself gracefully posing as I peek over David's shoulder.

Then someone must have decided we should have a pictures of just the girls. This time someone apparently understood that I couldn't be trusted to sit like a lady!Such fun! And below is how we looked on non-church days! My mom only had eight children, but apparently good hair days weren't the top priority! We look quite happy anway!



1 comment:

paula54 said...

What a wonderful treasure. These are priceless!!!