Sunday, October 14, 2007

Dad's 80th BD - Group Photos

Our last planned activity was group pictures on Sunday afternoon at Brownsville park. There were actually more family members there on Saturday night for the official birthday dinner. According to my calculations, which are probably wrong because I did them, here are the numbers for the birthday dinner.
Immediate family (Parents, we children and our spouses, the grandchildren and spouses/girlfriends etc, and great-grandchildren): 70
My aunts/uncles/cousins/cousin's children: 17
Krabill side of family (dad's inlaws): 29
So the unofficial tally for the birthday dinner is 116. If somebody wants to challenge my accuracy, go ahead and correct me! It was very convenient that my parents live right next door to the Brownsville Mennonite Church, so we could eat our two indoor meals there and use the kitchen.

Here are my parents and all my dad's surviving siblings with their spouses. What a wonderful group of people to look up to - great examples in their character and long marriages. Best of all, they all love Jesus.
Here are my parents with all ten of we sweet children!
And here we are with our spouses added! Two of my brothers wives were not able to be present. We all did a very good job of finding spouses who appreciate the family and are nearly as cute and fun to be with as we are.
Here are my parents with their adorable grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
And a group boys picture - my nephews and sons and my great-nephews, plus Aunt Lela's grandson who accompanied her from Nebraska. What a handsome group - expecially those tall boys in the back.
Here is a group girl's picture taken on Saturday afternoon at my parents house. This is only some of my great-nieces plus one niece. Aren't they cute. Sadly we did not get a picture of all the nieces and great-nieces together.
I'd love to see everyone again...My immediate family should have gotten an email from me yesterday about the Oswald Reunion to be held in Oregon next July. If you didn't, it's because I don't have your email address. Your parents will share it with you. I want you all to be there!
Wasn't God amazing to create families?

1 comment:

paula54 said...

These are fabulous pictures! I so wish Toby and I had stayed one more day. I heard the church service was wonderful. Thanks again for all your hard work in putting this all together. Love, Paula