Sunday, October 07, 2007

Women's Fall Retreat

This weekend I was blessed to be a part of our church's annual fall retreat. The biggest blessing was that my aunt Margie Oswald flew all the way out from Nebraska to be our speaker. She was her wonderful warm funny self, and it was a joy to listen to her speak and spend time with her. What a woman of God! Of course she's not perfect - we actually seem to share some very minor character flaws. But then again, being a little ditzy once in awhile is not exactly a character flaw. I prefer to think of it as being blond on the inside. I was very flattered when someone told me we seemed so much alike it seemed like we had to be blood relatives!

Margie's presence caused other family members to come to the retreat as well. Do we look like we're having fun or what?
We had a very fun, refreshing weekend. I laughed until I cried at the skits. One night we played a wild and crazy game they called Mennonite Madness that involved many shrieks and laughter. This morning I was privileged to share with the group about the miracles God has done for our family in this past year. I'm afraid I went over my time limit. Margie was very good about sticking to her time limit!

Sadly I missed a phone call from Craig Saturday morning. Will got to talk to him though. Here's the last picture we took of Craig a week ago with his uncles, Galen and Doug.

Aren't they cute? Does anyone know how to photoshop the glare out of glasses?

I am in desperate need of sleep!

No comments: