Thursday, October 11, 2007

More Dad's 80th Birthday Pics

Friday night, Galen and Steven put together Galen's "new" (Father's Day gift!) firepit. They had some great help!
Then we enjoyed sitting around the fire. JD, the little boy in the black shirt, kept begging Great-Grandma to play tag with him. She finally left the fire with himand he immedately tagged her. She chased him, but everytime she'd get too close, he'd say, "I'm in the safety! You can't tag me here!" It was a no-win situation! But what great exercise!
Craig and Eric noodled around with guitars. Somehow the group got Will to sing the "Dog named Blue" song, (the one and only song in his campfire solo repertoire!) then Steven accompanied some group singing. I think my favorite was "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart", with little JD's cute little "Where?" and his own special additions!
A delightful evening!

2 comments:

Ronda said...

Thanks for posting all the pictures and memories from the weekend birthday party! I sure wished I could have been there! I love reading your blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Actually LeAnn, it was a Christmas present from our kids! We have enjoyed it a couple of times since the reunion. What a wonderful time that was! Carol