Saturday, January 26, 2008

Basketball

I was just getting rid of some low quality photos and decided I had to share a little bit about Nick's basketball season this year. His last game was Monday night, where I took these photos. It wasn't a winning season, but the boys had a good time and Nick managed to score in the neighborhood of 20 points in the majority of the games. Although one would wonder how, looking at all the defenders blocking his shot below!
Things often got a little aggressive, going down to the floor in the fight for the ball. It kind of looks like Nick is grabbing his opponents' shoulders but surely not. It's always even more fun to play your friends. I learned after the game that this particular friend was adding an unusual type of defense with some particularly odiferous flatulence for Nick's benefit.
This almost looks like Nick is trying to intimidate #33, but I'm sure it was just some friendly chatting among friends. I'm sure Nick would never do any trash talking....

I will miss going to basketball games and shouting encouraging words to my son. One night Will and I decided we were being too polite and it was time to act like the other parents and call out things that might embarrass our boy. Nick had the nerve to point us out to a ref and tell him we should be removed because he didn't know us and we were harassing him! The ref knew better. Good times!

No comments: