Friday, January 25, 2008

Abnormal Days

Two days in a row, at home in bed past noon. What could cause such an unusual event? Hideous coughing and serious sinus issues for starters. I thought I was better and planned to go to work this morning - but was overcome by a very strange feeling in the bathroom and found myself lying across the countertop. I stood up, and felt myself crash to the floor! Fortunately I was uninjured. Unfortunately, I dislodged a shower door from its track, and Will got to take some time out of his morning to fix it. Strangely enough, he seemed less than sad that he was heading out of town for a couple of days of training.

Nick is hosting a video game party tonight, with separate systems set up in three rooms. The one at the dining room table seems to be the most popular. There is much laughing and shouting going on, and at least one loud crash, but I'm sure it will all be fine. I'm not sure how many times Nick will hit his head on the chandelier right above him since the table is pushed back - every time he stands up I assume. But with all that hair he probably barely feels it. Hopefully the chandelier will survive. I'm hanging out in my room, with occasional forays down into the testosterone jungle.

Hopefully tomorrow I will feel like doing something useful with my life. I am about tired of lying around!

No comments: