Sunday, March 17, 2013

Hope: Waiting

No, I haven't forgotten about my sister and all the amazing people out there who are praying for her. Life is frustratingly busy sometimes...but how can I complain about that when I have hands that can type quickly, arms that can lift a child, and legs that can run? 

When I go out and run, I watch for eagles in the fields around me, and I have been hearing this old scripture/song in my mind, (a song much loved by my mother):
"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength,
they shall mount up with wings as eagles.
They shall run and not be weary,
they shall walk and not faint,
Teach me Lord, teach me Lord, to wait."

And I pray for my sister. I pray that the Lord will renew her strength, and give her stamina to be able to walk, and yes, to run, and not be weary. I pray that the Lord will renew the strength in her fingers, hands and arms, that she will progress more rapidly so that she can perform daily tasks. I pray that she will have patience to endure all the hours when she needs to rest when she would rather be up and doing. (She has learned that if she spends too much time up and doing, she pays for it.) And I pray that God will teach her to wait patiently on Him, the Almighty God, to do his healing work in her body, and that He will bless her and make her a blessing to others as she continues to love him with all her heart, mind, soul and strength. Please, give her some "soar on wings like eagles" experiences as well.

One happy change is that she's now able to take the collar brace off when she goes to bed at night. Improvement is still steady but seems agonizingly slow, and simple things like pushing a microwave button are a challenge. Waiting is hard. Thank you for continuing to pray for her. 

 "Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
 the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
   and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary,
  and increases the power of the week.
Even youths grow tires and weary,
  and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord 
  will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint".
           Isaiah 40:28-31

Here it is set to music.

Wings Like Eagles

2 comments:

Elaine Condon said...

The picture of Hawaii is beautiful. I am happy to hear that Hope is steadily making progress. You do such a nice job blogging.

MacNana said...

Thank you, Elaine!