Monday, March 04, 2013

Hope Krabill Benefit Auction 3: How Much?!

Last night I heard from Trudy that the auction brought in more than $87,000! I still can hardly believe it. How amazing. How marvelous. Hope and Brian are grateful and humbled beyond words. God's supply simply exceeds the limits of our understanding.

Tonight Hope especially needs prayer for the extreme pain in her neck and shoulder, which may be aggravated from sitting too much the past few days. Thank you for continuing to pray for her and her family through the difficulties of her recovery.

Here's some pictures of the auction for those of you who aren't my Facebook friend.

Today I received this beautiful message from Vonda Ropp (wife of Dwight Ropp) of Pasco, Washington:

"Dwight and I were in a motorcycle accident on June 26, 2011. It was very bad and I ended up with a broken neck, among many other things.

I spent 12 days in Harborview hospital, and another 3 weeks in a care center in Seattle, Wa, before coming home to complete the recovery. Dwight took care of my EVERY need. I couldn't do much for myself.

When we heard about Hope, it hit hard! So close to home. We haven't kept in contact with them at all over the years, really just knew them at Bible Memory Camp!!

But we prayed! And got our church to pray. We did get to visit her once in rehab. In an unexplainable way, I felt a deep bond with Hope.

When we heard about the auction, we planned to come, no matter what!!

I fully remember the outpouring of love, cards, meals, visits, flowers, money, and PRAYER, that we received and how blessed yet humbled we were. We were overwhelmed, that so many people cared about us ordinary folk!  (It's  much more comfortable being on the giving end of things!) After what we received from people during that time (more than I ever could have imagined), we began anticipating "passing it on" and this was a chance!!!

My new favorite verse, "now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to HIS power that is at work within us." Eph. 3:20."

If you were at the auction, you couldn't help but notice that Dwight took some very generous bids. And now you know the rest of the story! Vonda, thank you so much for sharing!  We continue to marvel at the greatness of our God.

No comments: