Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring Break at Winchester Bay

 We enjoyed a delicious seafood platter and the company of good friends at the Harbor Light Restaurant in Reedsport.
I got to run a little different route every day. One of those little white dots in the distance is our trailer. The beach is about a mile away from the RV park. 
 Will gets a lot of use out of the spotting scope Nick got him for Christmas in 2011.
It was a little startling to come around a dune and see this - almost looked like a somewhat deformed sunbather where someone tossed their jacket on the driftwood!
On an evening walk with the man and his dog, I thought Zeek might enjoy a little run, so I took the leash from Will and ran Zeek ahead a bit. He slowed down when he decided we were too far ahead, so I turned back. He was so excited to run back to Will, he practically dragged me! I'm lucky I didn't trip and get dragged on my belly!
We didn't get fantastic sunsets like we've had here in the past,  but still enjoyed some lovely evenings.


 Today it was time to go fishing and crabbing on the pier behind us. Though lacking the sun, there was no wind and mild temperatures in the high 50s.
 After I watched, I mean helped, Will get the crab traps prepared and in the water, I took off for a run to a nearby place where we have driven. Uphill, yay!

Past the Umpqua River Lighthouse at the top of the hill is Lake Louise, with a easy one mile trail around it. Beautiful.
The skunk cabbage section was a bit odiferous, but pretty anyway.
It was about a 3 mile round trip, and I found Will peacefully enjoying the pleasant day when I returned.

 I enjoyed watching two little girls "help" their grandpa pull up their crab traps and return the too-small crabs back to the water. How fun it would be if my great-nieces Lucy, Jenna and niece Serena were there squealing at the crabs and helping Uncle Will!
Ours were all too small also, sadly, all the ones big enough to keep were female, so they all got to return to the water.

The sun came out for awhile this afternoon but now the fog has rolled in, obliterating my hopes for a colorful sunset on our last night here. But I can't complain, there was more sunshine than rain, and very little wind while we were here, so we got to enjoy lots of outdoor time. I love the Oregon Coast and the company of my husband and am very thankful for the wonderful RV in which to enjoy it all!

P.S. I guess I finished too soon. (Oh ye of little faith!) As we were sitting down to dinner, Will told me to look out the window. The fog had lifted and the sun was setting through a window in the clouds!
So we got to look at a beautiful sky as we ate dinner. God is so good!




No comments: