Sunday, November 26, 2006

Auf Weidersein, Craig!

I had a voicemail from my son Craig at 8:05 this morning, letting me know that he had arrived safely in Germany and thanking me for the homemade cookies I had sent for the plane ride.

An exciting story of God’s goodness and grace has unfolded over the past three weeks since I received a lengthy e-mail from Craig’s friend Nathan, who has been in Germany with his wife as YWAM missionaries for the past year and a half. Nathan shared that he has been earnestly praying for Craig, and recently God had put a plan on his heart. He shared this plan and asked for our blessing, as well as help getting a passport for Craig and keeping his plan a secret from Craig until he came in person.

Miraculously, I was able to reach Craig the first time I called him, and arranged to meet him after work that day. I told him I thought it would be good to get him a passport in case he ever had the opportunity to ride up to Canada to visit my brother John when he returned from a visit here. It was a two day process, and after we mailed it off, he thanked me for getting him a passport. He said it was really cool to dream about going somewhere. I asked him where he would go if I gave him a plane ticket and said he could go anywhere in the world with it. He immediately replied that he would go to Germany, he would love to visit Nathan.

Nathan came last week, surprising Craig at 8:00 Friday morning and taking him out to breakfast. He gave Craig an envelope, and when Craig opened it, there was a plane ticket to Frankfurt, Germany. He invited Craig to come live in the YWAM castle where he lives, which is a training school for missionaries. Craig can earn room and board by working 40 hours a week at the castle.

The passport arrived a week later, Friday morning and they went to Portland to spend that night at Nathan’s dad’s. He took them to the airport Saturday morning (yesterday), where their flight left at 8:40 AM. He sent us some pictures from the airport.

We are truly thankful that our son has a friend that loves him so much. We are excited about this opportunity for Craig and look forward to seeing God continue to work. We appreciate your continued prayers for him as he seeks answers for his life.

Here is the link to Nathan's YWAM page, and you can link to the home page from there.
http://www.ywam-hurlach.de/index1.php?holunder=219
God is so good!

1 comment:

SAHM said...

Woo-Hoo! Glad to see he made it. I thought of him yesterday morning when I knew his plane was leaving. I can't wait to meet the new Craig! Meanwhile, we'll keep loving and praying for the current model. :)