Sunday, November 19, 2006

Remembering Tyler

One year ago today, I was (strangely enough) shopping with Nick for a jacket/sweatshirt when I got the phone call that changed our world. One year ago today, my 21-year-old nephew Tyler John Troyer lost his life in Iraq. Today the family will gather at our house for a potluck dinner to remember Tyler's life.

Eric produced a video for me in June and we managed to get it a shortened version of it posted. We ran into some technical difficulties and I tried to call my brother Tom for help. The guy who answered the phone sounded exactly like Tom but he didn't have a big sister named LeAnn and insisted his name was Joe. I guess I need Tom's Indiana phone number. You can see a shortened version of the video Eric produced for me online. I'm really dumb about these things, but the first address will put it on full screen when you click the play button. The second address will show it on the screen where you can read and leave comments about it:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-2233016266182086829&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2233016266182086829&q=tyler+troyer&hl=en

Yikes, it looks like I need Tom's phone number. The quality of the video is not very good. I'll see if he can help me improve it!

No comments: