Wednesday, January 02, 2013

How the Mighty Fall

Ah, new snowshoes and a sunny day in the mountains with my favorite person in the world. Hiking through the woods in snowshoes is so fun, even if it is uphill forever. We spotted a snow covered rock that appeared to be an excellent place to park Will's insulite pad for a little rest and snack break. Will kindly offered to share the pad with me, but I declined, knowing that I'd have to nudge him off the pad in order to keep my bum dry. He carefully placed the pad in the best spot in the middle of this big rock, then sat down. And down, down, down he went! That was no rock! 

 Help, it's the Abominable Snowman!
I probably laughed way too much about this. I spent the rest of our trip warning him about places where he shouldn't sit, or suggesting others like this one!
He told me I'm a lot sassier than I used to be. I'm not sure if I should feel proud or ashamed of this. Sadly, I feel no shame, and I'm far too humble to feel proud.
 I'm just thankful that he puts up with little old me.
Doesn't this look like a good place to sit? I lost the basket on one of my poles so I ran back along the trail to look for it but no luck. Yes, you can run on snow shoes! It's really fun and I managed not to fall even once. I can't wait to go again! I will work on being kinder to my husband next time Although I did let him take me out to dinner on the way home instead of insisting that we come straight home so I could open a can of soup for him. In case you haven't heard, Shari's in Lebanon is "just crazy" on Wednesdays, because you get free pie with your dinner.  Our waitress told us how crazy it was innumerable times. We got our pie to go, and I just served Will his piece. I was even kind enough to take a big bite out of it first to make sure it was good enough.

Almost 30 years together and we are still having so much fun!

No comments: